In which the Sloth reiterates his stance on Winter Meetings moves
Are THESE the Goatriders of the Apocalypse?
No, actually, this picture provided by Big League Stew. Seems Duk went on a In-and-Out run for his boyzz. LMAO!!
Anyway, here is my list to Santa:
1) I know he's now officially past his prime; his trade value will never be higher; and he was never a Gold Glover or Silver Slugger to begin with. But I DO consider him the heart and soul of the Cubs, now that Woody is gone. So I don't want to include Mark DeRosa as any part of a Peavy deal UNLESS we can make the removal of the Marquis du Suck a contingency of the deal.
2) If we are truly looking at people like Raul Ibanez, Milton Bradley, and Bobby Abreu to play right field (RIGHT FIELD!!!) for us, then WTF, might as well bring in Adam Dunn instead. The man was born to hit at Wrigley, and he isn't any worse in the field than any of these guys.
3) I still believe Sean Marshall, Micah Hofpauir, Felix Pie and Ronny Cedeno all deserve a chance to play in the majors in 2009; just not with us. I hope they all find good homes as a result of the Peavy deal, or any other deal we complete.
4) We still need bullpen help. I think Juan Cruz should come back.
5) Abolish the Veterans Committee. There is an inherent conflict of interest in the whole design of this procedure. There may have been a purpose for them earlier - to recognize those who played before 1900, as well as the Negro Leaguers. Now that these areas have been addressed, it does not serve a purpose anymore. Dissolve the committee. There is no more need for a post-election method of entering the Hall. Stop torturing Ron Santo and his ilk.
6) Tbird (can I call you Tbird), I loves me some Andre Ethier, too. But I'm afraid even Santa can't make that happen for us. Ned Colletti ain't stupid.
7) THIS is long overdue. Retire #31 next year!