A Cubs fan's guide to using the new GROTA
Hello friends. I hope you're enjoying the new GROTA site as much as we've enjoyed bickering, arguing, and debating its creation.
I just want to make sure you're aware of 2 very basic, very fun features on the site. First, the skins:
- If you log in to GROTA, you will see an account section in the left hand column.
- Click on "My account."
- Click next on "Edit."
- Scroll on down. You will see 2 options for blog skins - "ivy" or "grotty." Ivy is default for everybody. If you miss the old GROTA color scheme, choose grotty, save your choice, and you'll be good to go!
Secondly, let's talk about the Reader Blogs!
- If you log in, you should see the option to "create content."
- Once you click on that, you may need to click on "Blog entry."
- Once you click on that, you can blog.
- If you don't see the option to "create content," then it means we have to give you approval to do so. We're setting it up in a way that regular users of GROTA won't have a wait before they can blog, but if you are already a regular Goat Reader but find yourself without blogging access, drop us a line or just sign into your account and we'll get to you in short order.
There are going to be some other fun options to come. We're working on changing the Shout Box a little. Our web master is hoity toity and thinks that it's very 90's, but we can already see that it's going to be popular.
We hope you enjoy it and we're looking forward to providing you with a ton of great content in the coming weeks. And, seriously, major, major thanks needs to go to our web master Kevin, who has done tremendous work making this blog look good. Kev, take a bow, you deserve it.