Reed Johnson - El Mero Mero
Kurt can do an official game recap tomorrow morning if he wants... but for you night owls, I'll tell you all you need to know now*.
- Cubs Win, Cubs Win! Holy Cow!
- Cubs are in second place, .5 game behind St. Louis
- Alfonso Soriano hit another leadoff HR. I think Pat Hughes said it was the 51st of his career. Soriano has 4 dingers on the year already.
- The final score was 8-5. It wasn't pretty baseball.
- Joe Morgan still drives me crazy.
- Milwaukee walked in 4 runs with the bases loaded in fourth inning.
- Milton Bradley left the game with a strained groin in the fourth inning.
- Ryan Dempster got the win, despite struggling to throw strikes throughout. Dempster's line was 6 innings, 4 earned runs, 6 Ks, 6 hits, 3 walks, 1 win.
- Carlos Marmol pitched a perfect (and dominating) 8th inning.
- Kevin Gregg appeared for the fourth time in this young season. He allowed a home run to Rickie Weeks, and has allowed a run in every appearance this season. His ERA stands at 12, and he did not record a save, due to the four run lead he inherited.
- Oh... and then there was Reed Johnson's Catch (Capital Letters are Necessary... this was not a catch... it was the Reed Johnson Catch... the definitive Reed Johnson Catch). (The Video's taking some time to make it onto the interwebs... but we'll get a link to it tomorrow.) Long story short, Reed robbed Prince Fielder of a Grand Slam in the fifth. It was UNBELIEVABLE. For that, Reed Johnson is named El Mero Mero.
* I missed the first two innings, and was making Spaghetti for a while, so you may actually need to know more.